The inventory management system that QuickSell provides, allows you to manage every aspect of your inventory right upto deciding if you want to display products that are out of stock. In this post we will cover the inventory settings features that QuickSell provides you with.
You can manage your inventory on a
- Product level
- Catalogue level
- Global level
Product level inventory settings
Product level settings provide you with the most detail in terms of inventory settings. When you set up any inventory settings at the product level then these settings will take precedence over the Catalogue level settings as well as Global level settings.
You can manage your inventory through the product details screen. In order to access this screen,
- Open the desired catalogue
- Select the product to which you wish to add inventory details
- Tap the Edit button to open the product details tab
- Select the Inventory section
The Inventory screen has the following options
1) Stock Availability
This option allows you to quickly manage the availability of stock for your product. All products marked out of stock will have that mentioned when any customer opens the link and views the product. Hence you can select the option that is suitable for your product.
2) Available quantity
You can also auto update your inventory by tapping the Track available quantity button and entering your product count. Whenever an inquiry is placed, the inventory will automatically reduce thus keeping your inventory updated at all times.
3) Out of stock visibility
By default out of stock products are hidden when a customer opens a link. With this option enabled you can allow customers to see products that are out of stock as well. By default this option is enabled across the app. This option is directly controlled in the following order App level -> Catalogue level -> Product level. You can override any parent settings by directly enabling or disabling this option at the product and catalogue level.
4) Allow orders on out of stock
By default customers can not place an order on an out of stock product. When you enable this option, a customer can place an order on an out of stock order as well. This follows the same parent settings functionality as mentioned in the Out of stock visibility section above.
Catalogue level inventory settings
Catalogue level inventory settings allow you to control the inventory settings of all the products in a catalogue. This will not apply to products within the catalogue who have different product level inventory settings that you have set.
In order to access this screen,
- Open the catalogue whose inventory settings you wish to change.
- Tap the Options button on the top right hand corner of the Catalogue screen.
- Select Catalogue settings from the Options menu
- Scroll down till you see the Inventory section. You can now manage the Out of stock visibility option by toggling the slider on the right.
Global level inventory settings
Global level inventory settings allow you to control the inventory settings of all the catalogues within your QuickSell app. This will not apply to catalogues and products who have different inventory settings that you have set.
In order to access this section
- Tap the Options button on the top right hand corner of the All catalogues screen.
- Select the Settings option from the Options Menu.
- Select the Inventory settings option from the Settings menu.
- You can now make the desired changes across your catalogues by toggling the different settings options.